|Restrictions:||(current student at) SCSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Program Type:||Host University||Language of Instruction:||Chinese, English|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10888Minimum Class Eligibility:
|Non-SCSU Student:||No||Housing Options:||Apartments|
|Language Courses Offered:||Yes||Credit Type:||Undergraduate|
|Program Length:||Short-Term Program|
Location: Xi'an, China
Academic Calendar: Spring
Faculty and Staff:
Dr. Martin Lo & Dr. Li Gao
Housing: On-Campus Housing
Meals: Campus meal plan
Language of Instruction: English
Local Currency: Renminbi
Student teaching in China will give participants the opportunity to experience Chinese schools and culture while still teaching in English. The program is based through SNNU (Shaanxi Normal University), one of the top six national-ranking teacher universities in China. The elementary school is housed on the university campus. This setting will allow participants to work on their teaching in English immersion classrooms while also enjoying a rich university setting and getting to know other Chinese and international students.
Participants will live on campus in housing for international students. Students should expect to share a sleeping space in addition to common areas within the university style rooms.
- The program is open only to candidates who will be in Block 4 during their time abroad
- Candidates must fill out this application and an application available in the Teacher Development Office.
- Contact SCSU Office of Clinical Experiences
- GPA 3.0
- Met all of their programmatic requirements
- Be in good standing with all previous filed experiences and instructors on campus.