Programs : Brochure
This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
University of Northern Iowa - Student Teaching Program
Any City, Any Country (Outgoing Program)
Program Terms: Non-SCSU Fall,
Non-SCSU Spring
Restrictions: (current student at) SCSU applicants only
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Non-SCSU Fall 2018 04/01/2018 04/08/2018 TBA TBA
Fact Sheet:
Non-SCSU Student: No Housing Options: Apartments
Credit Type: Undergraduate Program Length: Short-Term Program
Program Description:



The purpose of student teaching abroad is to bring awareness of another educational setting and help you strive to achieve that well-rounded degree that could help land a great teaching position in the U.S. or abroad! Students must complete 2 student teaching experiences as part of the SCSU accredited program. One of the experiences must be in Minnesota and the other can be arranged in a variety of countries. In order for students to student teach abroad, students must have completed all of the required coursework and maintained the necessary GPA required.

Students will work with University of Northern Iowa for placement and all program matters, along with SCSU office of clinical experiences. Students also will work closely with the Education Abroad Office at SCSU to make sure that all the SCSU necessary forms are completed. 


Fast Facts

Location: Students can apply all over the world (England, Cameroon, Japan, Australia, and more!)
Academic Calendar: Fall / Spring
Faculty and Staff: On-campus support for students
Housing: Depends on location of placement
Meals: Depends on location of placement
Language of Instruction: English
Local Currency: depends on location of placement


Students need to work with UNI staff and they are responsible for locating and paying for their housing. In some cases, there will be options for homestays or dormitory rooms but that will need to be worked out with UNI as well.

How to Apply

Students will need to work with three different entities.



  • Must have completed all of the required coursework 
  • Maintained the necessary GPA